I have a hip replacement, can I get stretched?
Hip replacement traditional posterior approach
- No adduction (crossing the affected leg past the midline of the body) for 3 months, and limited adduction for another 3 months after that.
- No internal rotation for 3 months, and limited internal rotation for another 3 months after that.
- No flexion past 90 degrees for 6 months, and limited flexion past 90 degrees for another 6 months after that.
Hip replacement traditional anterior approach
- Limited abduction (separating legs at a wide angle) for 6 months.
- Limited external rotation (turning thighs out) for 6 months.
- Limited extension (stretching backward) of the hip joint for one year.
* Stretch Zone does not intend to diagnose or treat any medical condition, and while it has been proven safe, clients are encouraged to consult their physician on this or any other new physical activity.